LV14 SULA is a nationally registered historic Lightvessel commissioned by the Humber Conservancy Board in 1959. Originally named SPURN; she was stationed on the Humber Estuary to protect mariners for 26 years, until being decommissioned in 1985 and replaced by a navigational buoy.
Over the past 10 years, LV14 has become a defining landmark at Gloucester Docks. The vessel is currently undergoing an incredible transformation by her new owners, The Brooks Family, who purchased her as a retirement project in February 2020.
SULA's rare Fresnel lens was brought back to life on 5 November 2020 and illuminated the sky for the first time in over 20 years. Further restoration continues...
- Colin Brooks, Captain