THE HISTORY OF
LV14 SULA.

1959 | LV14 SPURN

Commissioned by the Humber Conservancy Board in 1958, LV14 was stationed at Spurn Sandbank at the mouth of the River Humber from 3rd June 1959 until Christmas 1985.

1988 | BEAUCETTE

Sold to be scrapped in 1987, LV14 was saved and towed to Guernsey in the Channel Islands for restoration and renamed BEAUCETTE from March 1988 to May 1989.

1989 | CONWY

In May 1989 she was relocated to Conwy, North Wales and opened as a tourist attraction and museum. Here, she was renamed CONWY HARBOUR.

1990 | HAVEN

In late 1990, she was sold and towed to Milford Haven in South Wales, where she was given the name HAVEN. Here, LV14 served as an historic museum, located in a new berth in the docks.

1997 | SPURN

In 1997, the ship was sold to Irish tourism investors but was eventually laid up in Castletown from 2001 to 2007, waiting for a new lease of life. She was towed to Waterford and started to be scrapped.

2020 | LV 14 SULA

SULA was purchased in February 2020 by The Brooks Family. Her new legacy began on 1 October with the launch of The Humber Suite, a private luxury guest suite at the bow of the vessel. The Old Engine Room provides a large flexible event and function space, available to hire.

2007 | SULA

Rescued in 2007 by Jan and Agnes van der Elsen, LV14 was towed to Sharpness for 3 years of renovation before mooring at Gloucester Docks as a Therapy Centre in 2010.

SHARE YOUR SULA PHOTOS
WITH US ON INSTAGRAM
#LV14SULAPHOTOGRAPHY.